Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Burnout in Healthcare | Rajeev Kurapati | Mini-Review

*Image and book provided via NetGalley for an honest review.

Review:

Before 2018, I don't think I'd ever heard of the term "Burnout" at least not as much as I have since. But it is a problem around the nation. As I was reading this book, even though it's meant for healthcare professionals, I was really able to identify and link signs and symptoms with other people in my life. Honestly, I feel like it's a good read for patients as well as doctors, nurses, etc. As patients, we don't really get to see all of the work that goes into what our healthcare professionals do (for good reason). It came as a surprise to me that the digitization of records took up so much time for doctors and only added to their stress levels. I'm hoping it'll help me be more patient when my blood test results don't show up electronically right away. And while this is healthcare focused, there's still some good advice for everyone in there. This book is a pretty short read, but that's because it's no frills, straight to the point, and understandable. I give 3.5 hoots!

Hoot!Hoot!

Hoot!Hoo

No comments:

Post a Comment