Monday, January 26, 2015

Lix & Basta by Mark A. Gilchrist and Brian Rathbone


I follow Brian Rathbone on Twitter, so when he offered free electronic copies of this book in exchange for honest reviews, I signed up right away. I have to say, I'm so very glad I did! This book is awesome! It's so beautiful! So cute! So perfect for kids yet so perfect for adults to enjoy reading it to kids!

It did take me a bit to get into the rhythm of the poetry, but at no time did my personal lack of rhythm make the story any less enjoyable. If I had kids or younger nieces/nephews, I would gladly buy this book for them to read it to them. The artwork is beautiful and imaginative. The story is cutesy, yet has a great moral. And, let's face it, who doesn't love baby dragons?!

I gladly give this book 5 hoots! I recommend it to anyone with kids or anyone who thinks baby dragons are cute! It was a fun, light read and enjoyable for all ages.

                 Hoot!Hoot!
                 Hoot!Hoot!
                    Hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment