Saturday, October 3, 2015

Dewey Readathon Plan

11999190_10155934214935618_2131257031_o
It's that time again!!!!!! Seriously, the Dewey 24-Hour Readathons are two of my favorite days of the year. The only potential hang-up this time around is that I've started a new job, so I don't have a lot of time off, so I may not be able to take off the following Monday. I'll find out for certain closer to time.

Anyways, I've been going back and forth between reading a bunch of new web comics for 24 hours or working on my TBR list. Ultimately, I'm going for the TBR list. Just like last time, I will work on books that I started but never finished. This includes:

The Complete Book of Swords
The Disaster Artist
NPC's
Numinous

Of course, this almost always changes once I actually start reading, but that's part of the joys of the Read-A-Thon, I'm always reading!

As for a tentative schedule:

0700 - Wake up and prep.
0800 - Starting post and commence reading.
1100 - Update post and cheerleading.
1400 - Update post and exercise. 
1700 - Update post and cheerleading.
2000 - Update post and exercise.
2300 - Update post and cheerleading.
0200 - Update post and exercise.
0500 - Update post. 
0800 - Final post and passing out.


Again, these are all subject to change once the real event starts. I'm just glad I'm in a big enough apartment that I actually can use my exercise bike without worrying about waking up other people. I'll have the entire living room/dining room/kitchen to myself! Also, I'm across the street from a Taco Bell and down the street from a Dunkin' Donuts so I won't have to worry about not having enough calories. I'll just need to invest in an audio book.

Most importantly, I am so happy that I'll be able to provide prizes for the readathon. Last time I was able to give a $25 Amazon card and I was so happy to help. This time around I hope to give two $15 Amazon cards. I prefer to give cards to books because it's a lot easier and I don't have to pay for shipping and handling. 

So this is my tentative plan for the October 15, 2015 Dewey 24-Hour Readathon. Wish me luck! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment