Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey Read-A-Thon: 9 Hours In

Holy Wah! 9 hours down, 15 more hours to go! I've already had to fight off a few desperate urges to nap and I'm currently working through another bout of "but I don't feel well!"

The good news is, I'm working on a new book, The Realmsic Conquest: The Hero of Legend and LOVING IT!!!!! It's a shorter book, but that just means the author is making every word count! I'm really hoping that the rest of the book is as good as the first half has been! I've been hurt by bad endings before.

I didn't get as much cheerleading in as I'd hoped for last time. I got distracted by a conversation with my mother. Totally understandable.

Now I'm waiting for my surprise dinner to be delivered. It's a surprise because, in order to keep me from seeing what he was ordering online, Fluxxdog put a blanket over my head and laptop. I had my own Read-A-Thon fort! If it hadn't been for the fact that it encouraged sleepiness, I'd still be in my fort. :)

Let the reading continue! You know, after I get in some exercise and cheerleading. 

2 comments:

  1. The time sure flies, doesn't it? Congrats though on finishing a book already!
    I hope that the rest of your day is great and that your surprise dinner is very yummy! Happy read-a-thon'ing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm reading at a MUCH slower pace than I anticipated!

      Delete