Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hellboy: The All-Seeing Eye | Mark Morris


Summary: 

When several dismembered torsos are found in random places around London, a rock monster is seen in a London tunnel, and the dead at a funeral home start moving, the BPRD are called in to help figure out what's going on. Specifically, Hellboy, Liz and Abe. While there, the team discovers a plot to open The All Seeing Eye and unleashing a world of chaos.

Review:

I'll admit, I have a weakness for Hellboy books, cannon or not. I absolutely love the world BPRD exists in and all the novelizations and collection of short stories are written by people who understand Hellboy. Morris is no exception to this and I am very grateful to him for getting the important elements right. 

This book is very well written and engaging. It actually took me away from my own world and left me feeling energized. The characters are intelligent, even the bad guys (which I love). The events are interesting and flow into each other so that, at no point did I feel like I missed anything. At the same time, though, the plot twist was still surprising!

I am happy to have this book in my collection and find it to be more encouragement to continue reading novelizations of Hellboy. If you're interested at all in supernatural mysteries, action, witty dialogue, or comic book heroes, I highly recommend Hellboy: The All-Seeing Eye. 4.5 hoots!

                                                   Hoot! Hoot!

                Hoot! Hoot!
                      Hoo


No comments:

Post a Comment